Counselling and Social Work Services
I am a Senior Social Worker with many years’ experience working in Private Practice in Tasmania and employment in a variety of Social Work roles in Tasmania, Victoria, Queensland and Western Australia.
I provide professional counselling and Social Work Services as I recognise that times are tough for many individuals, families, and businesses due to the Coronavirus pandemic. The pandemic has ultimately placed a stress on our health industry resulting in a shortage of available counsellors and therapists.
My Private Practice will provide an opportunity for those seeking to focus on their mental health wellbeing to access counselling in a timely manner.
Please feel free to contact me to discuss further, make an appointment or referral, or provide my details to someone you know who may be struggling and unable to currently access a counsellor.
7 tips for self-care during the festive season
Christmas time is one of the most stressful times of the year for individuals and families. A lot of stress is placed on the individual as they deal with a myriad of feelings, ‘doing’ and obligations. Read on to discover 7 great tips to help you through the festive season.
My qualifications include a Bachelor of Arts (Psychology), a Bachelor of Social Work, a Graduate Diploma Social Work (Advanced Practice) as well as several other certificates.
I am also a member of the Australian Association of Social Workers, and have a current Working with Children Card (Victoria and Western Australia), and Working with Vulnerable People (Tasmania).
- Bachelor of Arts (Psych)
- Bachelor Social Work
- Graduate Diploma of Social Work (Advanced Practice)
- Graduate Certificate in Health (Drugs & Public Health)
- Certificate in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Certificate in Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy
- Certificate in Motivational Interviewing
- Certificate in Advanced Mediation
- Certificate in Mediation & Conflict Resolution
- Certificate IV Business
- Certificate in Human Nutrition
I offer a wide range of counselling and social work services, including PTSD, Family Therapy, Mediation, Conflict Resolution, Human Resource Management, Drug & Alcohol counselling, Crisis Intervention and Debriefing, and Anger Management.
Professional Development including:
- Working with children and families affected by sexual abuse
- Prevention of Suicide
- Adult Mental Health First Aid
- Leadership and Management
- Department of Veteran Affairs
- Employment Assistance Provider (EAP)
- Drug and Alcohol
- Grief and Loss
- Case management
- Peer supervision
- Rural and Remote counselling
Social Work Services available:
- Family therapy
- Relationship difficulties
- Parenting plans
- Drug & Alcohol
- Anger Management
- PTSD – Veterans and Emergency Services
- Professional supervision
- Workers Comp counselling
- Business Wellbeing support
- Court Reports
I am a confident, highly motived professional and take pride in my ability to communicate, both orally and written, with clients, management and supporting agencies to ensure a high level and comprehensive service delivery.
My aim is to find a time that suits you best:
- Monday to Sunday
- 8.00am –6.00pm
Appointments outside these hours are available.
Your choice of appointment setting:
- Office – Launceston only (Address: 3/187 Brisbane St, Launceston)
- Coffee shop – Launceston only